Sir Reginald MacLeod (27th Chief) was the first Chief to open Dunvegan to the public in 1933. Since then, the number of visitors has risen from a few hundred to tens of thousands.
Dunvegan Castle is one the greatest Hebridean castles and the only one which has been continuously occupied by the same family for 800 years.
Legends are rarely without some trace of historical fact. The precious Fairy Flag of Dunvegan is the most treasured possession of the Clan.
The motto of Clan MacLeod is Hold Fast and throughout the centuries their Chiefs have endeavoured to do so.